Coastal Cycle Academy is now Coastal Bend Motorcycle Academy, LLC
Following the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Coastal Cycle Academy will make every reasonable accommodation for a student that requires an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter that you, the student provides during the course.
Due to the undue financial burden to obtain/employ/contract an ASL interpreter, Coastal Cycle Academy cannot pay for an interpreter. However, we can provide informational resources from which a prospective student may obtain ASL services. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) may be able to provide grant funds to assist. You may contact the MSF: www.MSF-USA.org for more information.
IMPORTANT: Once your course registration and payment have been submitted, you have essentially entered a contract with Coastal Bend Motorcycle Academy, LLC, (dba) Coastal Cycle Academy.
As a registered student you are responsible for knowing our company policies.
COVID-19: If you are experiencing ANY symptoms related to the COVID-19 illness, such as flu-like symptoms, etc., please DO NOT come to class. DO call us immediately (361)558-5148 so that we can reschedule your class for a later date.
Classes will continue even if you are not there. Coastal Cycle Academy offers NO refunds once the class begins.
You understand the following:
1. I agree and understand that I must complete the course in its entirety. If I miss any part of the course (to include being late), I will not be able to continue and I will have to register and pay again for a new class in order to successfully complete the course and receive a course completion certificate.
2. I agree and understand that NO REFUNDS will be provided if I give less than 48 hours (2 days) notice to cancel or reschedule any class.
You understand that you will forfeit your entire course registration fee if:
- You begin training and then leave for any reason.
- You leave during any part of the class, to include weather delays that may cause the class to run past the scheduled time.
- You arrive late, period.
- You do not have the minimum required apparel/gear for riding. To ride you MUST have long sleeves, long pants, sturdy over the ankle footwear (must cover the bones on both sides of your ankle).
- You are dismissed by the instructor for ANY reason. Safety and cooperation are paramount!
- You self-counsel out (quit) the training at any point.
The class is held rain or shine. A Coastal Cycle Academy instructor may delay or cancel a class for lightning or other severe weather. If Coastal Cycle Academy cancels or delays a class for lighting, we will make every effort to contact and accommodate rescheduling you to another date or consider providing a refund. If a student decides on their own to be late or simply fails to show for class, the student will be required to register and pay the full tuition for a future class.
- $75.00 Administrative Fee if Coastal Cycle Academy is notified 2 days or less prior to the scheduled course date.
- $20.00 Administrative Fee for replacement eCourse code (Basic Rider Course only).
-$25.00 Class cancellation/Refund fee.
Refund/Reschedule will only be discussed with the registered student unless the student is under 18. A parent or legal guardian may coordinate with Coastal Cycle Academy for a refund or to reschedule.
Coastal Cycle Academy assumes NO responsibility to a student that misses a class due to illness, emergencies, getting called into work or any other event not under Coastal Cycle Academy’s control.
Coastal Cycle Academy reserves the right to cancel classes for any reason deemed necessary to include classes not having a minimum of 4 students or scheduling conflicts with our facilities/resources. Coastal Cycle Academy will notify you as soon as possible should any of these situations occur.
Students that are unable to keep pace the class or pose a hazard to themselves or others may be dismissed from the class by the instructor. The pace of the course is designed (in a group format) for the average novice with adequate time to learn a new skill then practice that skill to achieve the skill objective. During the course time, limitations restrict the instructor’s ability to provided one-on-one personalized training to individual students. These courses may be mentally and physically demanding for some students, and some extreme heat (or cold) weather conditions may increase stress on some students.
There will be NO REFUND in full or in part should a student be counseled out by the instructor, or if the student decides on their own not to continue.
To participate a student must have any of the following:
- An unrestricted Class “C” (or higher) driver license (any state), or
- A Class “C” learners permit, or
- A certificate of successful completion of the driver education classroom course. This certificate indicates the student has learned the basic rules of the road.
- All students must be at least 15 years of age on the day the course begins
Consent forms to allow a minor to participate in the on-motorcycle training program must be signed in front of the instructor or notarized with a parent or other person listed in Texas Family Code §32.001(a), signature. Without these forms, the minor will not be permitted to participate and must be rescheduled at an additional cost.
If your class completion date is within the 36-month limitation we can provide a replacement card for a fee of $15.00. The card will be mailed to you through the USPS on the next business day. If you need expedited service to receive the replacement an additional $5.00 will be charged. The replacement card will contain the original certificate number and original course completion date.
If more than 3 years have passed since your course completion date, we are not permitted by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) Administrative Code §98.106 to provide a replacement card.